Sunday, January 12, 2014
What I think about the Steam Boxes
As you may have already known various companies released their take on the steam boxes. Starting at $499 you could but a steam box later this year. Is it really worth it? The steam box will compete with the PS4 and the XB1, but will it sway the average gamer to go PC? I myself think that steam boxes defeat the true purpose of PC gaming, due to the fact that the steam boxes will be used with a controller not the traditional keyboard/mouse. The steam boxes will be running on Steam OS which is based on Linux, limiting the games you can play, the big titles right now: Dota 2, TF2, and Metro Last Light. Even though into the future I see all games being released onto Linux, right now Windows is the way to go. Steam Boxes will really thrive with people who just are lazy and don't want to build their own PC, but building your own PC will always rain supreme.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
day 2 of your blog - you made it lol.
ReplyDelete2 things, first of all, I think you would do better if you could put a few more minutes ito each post. Maybe try adding some relevant (or custom) pictures, some links for those who dont know what the stuff your talking about is, maybe even some structure to your wall of text...make me want to read it??
Second of all, take my advice lightly because Im no authority. I am just a few days in on my blog and I havent figured out how to get followers yet either, so I am doing some manual, one on one sort of stuff...hence this comment. Anyways, check out how my blog is comming and tell your firends and family and twitterers and redditors and facebookers and...well, you get the picture. Im at pellmellism.com